We hope you are well.
The last few months have been very difficult for all and life will certainly change considerably, at least for the foreseeable future. We have been just a frustrated as you in not being able to provide the necessary dental care that you need and deserve. Fortunately we were able to re-open the practice from Monday 1st June 2020 and in line with new safety protocols and guidelines.
To that effect, we have created new safety procedures and protocols with your safety, and that of our staff, as priority and to make your visit to the practice as smooth and safe as we can. We understand that there is a large demand for appointments and we will be to try to accommodate you all as swiftly as possible. However, you may need to wait a little longer for an available appointment at least initially. We have always enforced the most thorough infection control and disinfection protocols and these have now been reviewed with COVID-19 in mind.
Making an appointment
Arrange an Appointment
One of our team will then telephone you to schedule your appointment. They will be asking you a series of screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to visit the practice.
Once your appointment has been made, you will be asked to complete a detailed medical questionnaire. You can do by clicking on the ‘Medical History Form’ link in the website top menu or below. When you click on the link you will be able to access, complete and submit the form. It is essential that we receive your completed form BEFORE the date of your appointment.
We will then telephone you 24 hours prior to your appointment to re-confirm your attendance. If we are unable to reach you, and if you do not contact us, we may need to cancel your appointment slot.
Our aim is also to resume hygienist appointments. All hygienist appointments should me made using the same process as outlined above please.
On the day of your appointment
- Please arrive as close to your designated appointment time as possible - If you arrive late, we may not be able to see you
- Please come alone if possible
- Please bring as few personal possessions with you as possible
- Your temperature will be taken using a non-contact thermometer
- You will be asked to clean your hands using the hand sanitiser station at the entrance to the building
- We request that you wear a mask whilst in the building – this will be provided for you if needed
- You will be called up to the dental surgery as swiftly as possible.
- If you need to use the waiting room, please observe the recommended social distancing regulations
In the dental surgery
Prior to reopening, all the dental surgeries were deep cleaned. We will be carrying out ongoing surface treatments and microbial sampling to ensure that we maintain the highest levels of infection control. We will also be using anti-viral room sanitiser sprays as well as air purifiers. These protocols will also be carried out in all areas throughout the building.
After your appointment
- One of our team will telephone you to arrange a follow up appointment if required
- Payments can be taken in the office on the ground floor, preferably using contactless technology
- Alternatively, we can e-mail you an invoice that you can settle by bank transfer or by card payment over the telephone
- Please observe the recommended social distancing if you visit the practice to pay
We will regularly review our procedures in line with the guidelines and scientific evidence and any updates will be posted here. We encourage you to visit this page to check for anything new before you visit the practice please.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time and your continued confidence in the care that we provide. We look forward to seeing you all again and please remember that whilst we may look a little bit different under our new PPE, we are still the same friendly team underneath!
Dr Harpal Chana and the team at Elmfield House Dental Practice